Transport is a broad area and has been an interest of Jim McGovern’s throughout his career.
(Authors in bold font were postgraduate students working with Jim McGovern)
Peer-reviewed Journal Publications
- McGovern, Jim, 'Turning an articulated truck on a spreadsheet', Level 3, Dublin Institute of Technology, Dublin, Issue 1, November 2003. https://level3.dit.ie/html/issue1_mcgovern1.html
- Kierans, R.M. and Jim McGovern, ‘Investigation into the Possible Benefits of a Refrigeration Based Intercooling System’, Proceedings 4th International Conference on Sustainable Energy & Environmental Protection (SEEP 2010), June 29th – July 2nd, Bari, Italy, 2010, 10 pp. https://arrow.dit.ie/engschmeccon/17/
- Cullen, Barry and Jim McGovern, 'Energy System Feasibility Study of an Otto Cycle / Stirling Cycle Hybrid Automotive Engine', in ECOS 2008, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems, Cracow-Gliwice, Poland, June 24-27, 2008, pp. 483-490, Ed. Andrzej Ziebik, Zygmunt Kolenda and Wojciech Stanek.
- Cullen, Barry and Jim McGovern, 'The Quest for More Efficient Industrial Engines - a Review of Current Industrial Engine Development and Applications', Proceedings of the 2007 ASME Power Conference (POWER2007), Paper no. POWER2007-22078, 17-19 July 2007, San Antonio, Texas.
- Plant, E. and J. McGovern, 'Behavioural Decision Making of Owner-managers and the Development of Transport Logistics Value Adding Services', Proceedings of the 12th International Symposium on Logistics, Developing Sustainable Collaborative Supply Chains, pp. 539-545, 8-10 July 2007, Budapest, Hungary.
- Plant, E. and J. McGovern, 'Rationales for Collaboration; Implications for the Irish Road Freight Industry', Proceedings of the 19th Annual NOFOMA Conference, pp. 895-906, 7-8 June 2007, University of Iceland, Reykjavik. https://arrow.dit.ie/engschmeccon/8/
- Foy, K., A. Moran and J. McGovern, 'A Mechanical Design for a ZEMPES Prototype', Proceedings of the International Conference on Vehicles Alternative Fuel Systems and Environmental Protection, ed. Abdul Ghani Olabi, pp. 56-60, 22-25 August 2006, Dublin, Ireland.
- Foy, K., M. Shokotov and E. Yantovski, 'Economics of Zero Emissions Piston Engines on Gasoline and Gases', Proceedings of the International Conference on Vehicles Alternative Fuel Systems and Environmental Protection (VAFSEP), ed. Abdul Ghani Olabi, pp. 123-128, 22-25 August 2006, Dublin, Ireland.
- Yantovski, E.; Shokotov, M.; Shokotov V.; McGovern, Jim; Foy, Kirsten, 'Elaboration of Zero Emissions Membrane Piston Engine System (ZEMPES) for Propane Fuelling', in Proc. Fourth Annual Conference on Carbon Sequestration, Alexandria, VA, USA, 2-5 May 2005, Paper 109, 9pp. https://www.netl.doe.gov/publications/proceedings/05/carbon-seq/Tech%20Session%20Paper%20109.pdf
- Yantovski, E.; Shokotov, M.; McGovern, J.A. and Vaddella, V.K., 'Zero Emissions Membrane Piston Engine System (ZEMPES) for a Bus', in Vehicles Alternative Fuel Systems and Environmental Protection, ed. Abdul Ghani Olabi, Proceedings of the International Conference on Vehicles Alternative Fuel Systems & Environmental Protection, VAFSEP 2004, 6th to 9th July 2004, Dublin City University, pp. 129-133.
- Plant, Eoin, 'Modelling behavioural antecedenents of inter-firm linkages in the Irish road freight industry: an application of the theory of planned behaviour', PhD Thesis, Dublin Institute of Technology, 2009.
- Dublin Institute of Technology, Department of Transport Engineering, 'National Review of Taxi, Hackney and Limousine Vehicle Standards', Commission for Taxi Regulation, Dublin, Ireland, June 2005, 41pp, [Coordinating team: J. McGovern, Chairperson; T. Corrigan; D. Allen and R. Byrne].